Welcome to the Gay Central Valley community!
We exist to contribute to and enrich the cultural life and expression of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) persons, their families, friends, and supporters through awareness and education of the diversity and history of the LGBT community in California’s Central Valley.
We proudly serve:
Check out our Gay Central Valley Blog for the most up-to-date information on events and community outreach!
- Teen Suicide Attempts Fall due to Marriage EqualityPosted by Kaylia Metcalfe on February 21, 2017 at 6:10 pm
From USA TODAY Fewer U.S. teens attempted suicide in states where same-sex marriage was legal in the years leading up to the 2015 Supreme Court ruling upholding gay marriage, according to a new study.Analyzing data from 1999 to 2015, researchers […]
- EVENT: CVIICPosted by Chris Jarvis on February 18, 2017 at 7:24 pm
- EQUALITY 4 ALLPosted by Chris Jarvis on February 18, 2017 at 7:21 pm
Contact the Fresno LGBT Community Center if you need assistance or referrals with DACA paperwork or other immigration issues. We refer to CVIIC for assistanceYou can find their link on the main page of our blog […]
- Transgender Protections Under AttackPosted by Kaylia Metcalfe on February 18, 2017 at 6:30 pm
President Trump's administration took a huge step towards limiting the rights of transgender students last week.In case you missed it, here is the breakdown:The Obama administration enacted certain guidelines aimed to protect transgender students […]
- A Better (?) Apology from James CharlesPosted by Kaylia Metcalfe on February 17, 2017 at 8:42 pm
You might have heard the twitter drama involving Covergirl's spokesmodel James Charles Of course Twitter called him on this racist stupidity pretty fast... and James responded... with what can only be called a rather insensative brush off.And […]